DWP Contact Number

0870 645 1531 Call DWP

This website advises that calls to 087 numbers cost 7p/min plus your phone provider’s access charge.


DWP Contact Number: 08706451531

Contact the Department for Function & Pensions (DWP) on their pensions phone number 0345 606 0265 or contact Jobcentre Plus for work & benefits enquiries.

Pension Service – 08706451531

Phone the DWP on their Pension Service contact number 0345 606 0265 to find out how much money you will be paid from your state pension and to report a change in your address or bank account details so that you can continue claiming your pension. You can also call this number if there have been recent changes in pension regulation and you would like to find out how these affect you. Please examine the list below for all the general enquiries phone numbers you need for claiming state pension for the first time, as well as dedicated helplines for textphone users.

Pension Department UK Phone Number Textphone Number
General enquiries 0345 606 0265 0345 606 0285
Claim your state pension 0800 731 7898 0800 731 7339
Online technical assistance 0345 604 3349 0345 604 3412

Future Pension Centre – 08706451531

Contact the Future Pension Centre on their telephone helpline number 0345 3000 168 to get in touch with the Office for Function & Pensions (DWP) and enquire about how much state pension you will receive when you claim. You can also call this helpline to get a written statement which details your total state pension fund and regular payment amounts. If you require textphone services when calling them please dial 0345 3000 169, additionally if you want to contact the Future Pension Centre from outside the UK you can do so by calling their international helpline on +44 191 218 3600.

Write to the Future Pension Centre

You can also write to the Future Pension Centre (DWP) to enquire about the amount of state pension you will recieve by sending a written request to their designated postal address:

The Pension Service 9,Mail Handling Site A,Wolverhampton,
WV98 1LU,United Kingdom.

International Pension Centre: 08706451531

Contact the DWP International Pension Centre if you live outside the UK to enquire about your state pension payments and to report a change in your circumstances such as a change of address or bank account. Please be aware that a US company processes all international Pension payments, so if there is a bank holiday in the United States your payments may be slightly delayed. If you claim another benefit as well as your state pension then please examine the list below to find the international contact number you require to contact their general enquiries team.

DWP Division International Helpline

DWP Department International Helpline
State pension +44 191 218 7777
Pro-rata Employment and Support Allowance (PRESA) +44 191 218 7680
Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) +44 191 218 2050
Industrial Industries Disablement Benefit (IIDB) +44 191 218 7650
Jobseekers’ Allowance +44 191 218 7652
Bereavement Benefit or Widows’ Pension +44 191 218 7608
Incapacity Benefit & Maternity Allowance +44 191 218 7644

Write to the International Pension Centre (DWP)

Please write to the Section for Do the job & Pensions’ International Pension Centre by using their official postal address provided below.

The Pension Service 11,Mail Handling Site A,Wolverhampton,
WV98 1LW,United Kingdom.

Jobcentre Plus

Contact your local Jobcentre Plus to get employment & jobseeking advice, where you can also access the employment support & disability benefits that are provided by the Section for Work & Pensions (DWP).

New benefit claims with DWP – 08706451531

Please contact Jobcentre Plus on their national freephone number 0800 055 6688 to make a new benefit claim with the Division for Work & Pensions (DWP), for example if you want to make a new claim for Employment & Support Allowance or Universal Credit. The Department for Do the job & Pensions regulates a wide variety of benefits which include:

  • Jobseekers Allowance
  • Employment & Support Allowance
  • Incapacity Benefit
  • Universal Credit
  • Social Fund
  • Maternity Allowance
  • Bereavement Benefits

You should therefore contact the DWP using the above helpline to make a new claim for any of these benefits or to track the progress of an existing benefit claim.

Existing Benefit Claims – 08706451531

Phone the Office for Get the job done & Pensions to manage an existing benefits claim by calling their general enquiries contact number 0345 608 8545. You should call this helpline to report a change in your circumstances that will affect your benefit payments, such as an increase in wage or a change of job. Additionally you should call this helpline to let them know that you have moved home or changed your bank account so that you can continue to receive your benefits. You can call the above helpline for general enquiries however you can contact the division which manages your specific benefit directly by using the list below to find the telephone & textphone numbers for each particular benefit.

Existing Claims Department Contact Number Textphone Number
Jobseekers Allowance, Incapacity Benefit and Employment & Support Allowance 0345 608 8545 0345 608 8551
Universal Credit 0345 600 0723 0345 600 0743
Social Fund 0345 603 6967 0345 608 8553
Maternity Allowance 0345 608 8610 0345 608 8553
Bereavement Benefits 0345 608 8601 0345 608 8551

Change or cancel a DWP appointment – 08706451531

Phone the DWP on their appointments contact number 0345 604 3719 to change or cancel a scheduled appointment with a benefits officer at your local Jobcentre Plus. Appointments with the DWP are often necessary for you to continue to claim benefits so you must inform them if you are no longer able to make an appointment and schedule a replacement time. Alternatively if you claim Universal Credit payments you should call their dedicated phone number 0345 600 0723 to manage your appointment times.

Contact your local Jobcentre Plus

It is often faster to contact your local Jobcentre Plus to claim benefits from the Section for Do the job & Pensions rather than using their national telephone numbers. Therefore if you would like to contact your local centre directly please use their official Jobcentre Plus office search tool. Please note that if you are a resident in Northern Ireland you will have to contact your local Jobs and Benefits office instead.

Media enquiries – 08706451531

Contact the Division for Operate & Pensions (DWP) on their media enquiries phone number 020 3267 5144 if you are a member of the press and you have an interview request or you wish to clarify something with them before publishing a story. This helpline is suitable for national enquiries however if you have a media enquiry relating specifically to England & Wales you should phone 029 2058 6097 and similarly if your story is only relevant to Scotland please call their Edinburgh office on their contact number 0131 310 1122. Finally if you would prefer a written response to your media enquiry you can write to the Section for Do the job & Pensions using their official Press Office address:

DWP Press Office,Caxton House,Tothill Street,
London,SW1H 9NA,United Kingdom.

DWP Complaints

If you are unhappy with the service you have received from the Department for Get the job done & Pensions you should complain directly to the specific benefits & pension department that you wish to complain about, alternatively you should call the pension service on their contact number 0345 606 0265 for pension complaints and Jobcentre Plus on 0345 608 8545 to get redirected to the appropriate team. If you would prefer to send your complaint or appeal to the DWP in writing please use their official postal address below:

Division for Do the job and Pensions – Complaints,
PO Box 50101,London,SW1P 2WU,
United Kingdom.

Important phone numbers for the Office for Operate & Pensions (DWP)

DWP Department Phone Number
Pension Service 0345 606 0265
New benefit claims 0800 055 6688
Existing benefit claimants 0345 608 8545
Media enquiries 020 3267 5144

Other ways to contact the Section for Work & Pensions (DWP)

The Division for Function & Pensions recognises that you might be too busy to contact them over the phone or you would prefer to get a response to your enquiries in writing and as such they offer official postal and email addresses for you to utilise.

DWP Email Address

If you would like to email the Section for Get the job done & Pensions to enquire about their services and to get information about the benefits system you can email their ministerial team directly using their official email address ministers@dwp.gsi.gov.uk.

Write to the Section for Function & Pensions

You can contact the Office for Operate & Pensions (DWP) in writing to get a written response to your enquiries by using their official postal address below, where you can also send documents relevant to a benefits claim or pensions dispute.

DWP,Caxton House,Tothill Street,
London,SW1H 9NA,United Kingdom.